[Samba] Domain User access control in the smb.conf

Don Meyer dlmeyer at uiuc.edu
Fri Feb 17 19:29:50 GMT 2006

At 12:52 PM 2/17/2006, Alex Wang wrote:
>I guess the @"Domain\myaccount" is the wrong format, but I check the
>manual and can't find anything talk about the user list in smb.conf....
>
>smb# testparm
>         winbind use default domain = Yes

First off, if "myaccount" is a user account, then drop the "@" --
that is one of the specials used to designate a group.

Second, with "winbind use default domain" active/enabled, you should
not have to specify the "DOMAIN\" part.

Also, since you are using the special char "\" as a domain separator,
you need to be very cognizant of where you need to properly escape
it.   (I.E., use "\\" instead of just "\")   I'm pretty sure that
"valid users =" is one of those places...

Cheers,
-D

Don Meyer                                           <dlmeyer at uiuc.edu>
Network Manager, ACES Academic Computing Facility
Technical System Manager, ACES TeleNet System
UIUC College of ACES, Information Technology and Communication Services

temporary safety,
         deserve neither liberty or safety."     -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759