[Samba] Question about policies [OT?]

Amit Sharma amitsharma_26 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 17 08:41:42 GMT 2006

Yea, that is possible.

First of all find the registry hive/key over any of your XP client, which
controlls the 'firewall' & then create a new custom ADM file to provide you
the power to control the firewall settings from policy editor (search google
for how to create custom adm files ~~>
http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&q=how+to+create+adm+files&btnG=Google+Search&meta=).

Now import your first customised ADM file in policy editor & then disable
firewall from there. Save all your changes to a filename as NTCONFIG.POL.
Place it in your netlogon share & its all done.
Let your XP clients log off n log on for changes to take effect.

With the same way you can control any registry setting. But make sure you
revert back the setting in policy editor to get that effect off from clients
as these changes are tattooed to your box & need to revert back precisely
for reverse effect.

Regards
Amit..