[Samba] homes share inclusion

David Bear David.Bear at asu.edu
Thu Feb 16 17:23:04 GMT 2006

We have a domain controlled by nt4 and are added 3 samba server to it.

The easiest way for us to handle user accounts on the linux machines
is to have a central repository of id's -- and then script adding the
accounts. We do not see building ldap as something that will work for
now.

I am thinking that all domain users will just need accounts on all 3
linux/samba servers.

The difficulty comes the the samba [homes] because not all servers
will have the standard \\servername\username --> /home/username
mappings.  Meaning, only a few MIGHT have home shares on each server.

Is there a way in the [homes] section to do an include/exclude list of
usernames that samba should NOT generate the share for?

or .. is there some other nifty alternative like using dfs to send the
real home directory location to the connecting client?

--
David Bear
phone: 	480-965-8257