[Samba] NTLM Join Errors

Batty, Richard richard.batty at logicacmg.com
Thu Feb 16 09:11:54 GMT 2006

The "Strong(er) authentication required"  is down to a security setting on the windows server

Security Policy: Domain Controller: LDAP server signing requirements = Require Signing

Changing this to "None" will get it working as a workaround. I believe this is a bug with the samba team, but still not fixed on 3.0.21b from the testing weve done.