[Samba] Tip for modifying vfs_recycle.c

Oliver Schulze L. oliver at samera.com.py
Thu Feb 16 07:15:06 GMT 2006

Hi,
I'm seeking a little assistance for modifying vfs_recycle.c

What I want to do is that any user can write to the recycle.
But, the deleted file should maintain the owner.group of the user
that deleted the file.

So, I searched a way to pass the SMB_VFS_NEXT_UTIME() define,
but searching the code I noted that the process is already running as
the user who deleted the file.

I mainly want to modify the recycle vfs module because I have problems
when 1 user delete a file and later another user delete the same file.
Or I also have problems when a user first create a directory in the
recycle directory(by deleting a file), later another user deleting the a
file in
the same directory can not access that directory in the recycle.

maybe I can solve the problem using unix permisions too.

Thanks
Oliver

--
Oliver Schulze L.