[Samba] samba setup in win2k A.D.

Michael Andrewjeski mandrewjeski at us.checkpoint.com
Wed Feb 15 22:58:26 GMT 2006

First of all,

The docs you read don't have anything to do with AD.

John Terpstra has written some very good docs and they are available for
your use:

http://us3.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-Guide/

My response isn't intended to be terse rather to let you know you've a
bit more work to do.

I don't know what OS you're running but firstly you'll need to get some
recent Kerberos release
Working, and a ticket created against the AD.
Once that is done then you'll need to join the AD: net ads join.

It's in Docs, have a read.

After which time if you still need help, then post to this list with
your OS version, Samba version
Kerberos version and smb.conf and someone will help.

HTH

Mike