[Samba] samba setup in win2k A.D.

Richard Verdugo richverdugo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 22:45:53 GMT 2006

Please help, I'm having this problem at my job and it really needs to get
solved.

I'm trying to setup samba 3.0 to be a member fileserver in my Windows 2000
active directory domain.
I followed the instruction on this website:
http://www.linux-sxs.org/networking/nt4dom_samba.html#win_sysreq
net RPC join  -W <domain>  -U <domain user>     works
wbinfo -t   works
wbinfo -G works
wbinfo -U fails with the error: Error looking up domain users

When I try to access the samba share from a windows network browser window
it fails with the error:
Logon Failure: The target account name is incorrect

Any guidance you can offer will be repayed ten fold, thank you so much.

Rich