[Samba] SAMBA Home Directories with AD authentication

Daniel Northam dnortham at ffpglobal.com
Wed Feb 15 20:18:17 GMT 2006

Try specifying the users such as :

Valid users = jondoe

	Or to specify a group use,

Valid users = @"Domain Admins"

	Comma separated values,

Valid users = jondoe,janedoe,@"Domain Admins",@"XP_Power_Users"

Documentation is at:
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/samba/chapter/book/ch06_01.html

-----Original Message-----
From: samba-bounces+dnortham=ffpglobal.com at lists.samba.org
[mailto:samba-bounces+dnortham=ffpglobal.com at lists.samba.org] On Behalf
Of Matt Smith
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 12:05 PM
To: samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: [Samba] SAMBA Home Directories with AD authentication

Ok, question ...

I have a linux box running samba with AD authentication and its all
working fine, home directories get created the first time a user logs
into the box etc.

But ...

I can't get the valid users =   to work with domain authentication
using %S %U or whichever

what I have to do is manually chmod g-rx  and then it restricts it so
only the owner can access it, but I was hoping I could get samba to
recognize this on its own.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

M.