[Samba] Re: Logon without Domain

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Tue Feb 14 18:09:44 GMT 2006

David Schäfer wrote:

> How can I configure Windows that the domain Account is cached and the users
> can login to their machines, if there are outside the office network?
>
> Is this possible?

Yes it is actually, but I think I am going to loose a bit of hair tracking down which package I stuck that setting in. I know it works, because it is in our standard! ;-)

Basically what I did is to set the policy for expiring cached credentials to never stop trusting cached credentials. Mind you, doing so is a double edge sword. Once done, you can lock a person at the
server, but Windows will not care.

Also the obvious, you'll want local profiles on those laptops.

I have a grep running, will post once I am able to dig up where I hid that. It's not in the obvious "package that joins workstations to the Samba PDC" which had been my assumption of where I would
stick that.

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems