[Samba] How to delete NON-EMPTY directories through a Samba share?

Sandor Balogh bsandor at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 16:31:18 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I have setup a Samba server as file and print server. Everything works
perfectly, I can print, I can write, delete files through Samba. But, the
only thing that does not work is to delete a NON-EMPTY directory. No error
message received, just don't want to delete it. As soon as I delete all
files from the directory, then the directory can be deleted too. The problem
is recursive for subdirectories. Just think how awful is to delete a
directory with lots of subdirectories. I don't think it's a permission
problem (it can't be) and I could't find any posts on this problem over the
internet.

Thanks for help,
Sandor