[Samba] install samba on x86_64

Mark Nienberg gmane at tippingmar.com
Mon Feb 13 01:23:42 GMT 2006

What is the best way to install the latest samba on a Fedora Core 4
x86_64 machine? Can I just use the 386 rpm version from the samba
website?  Should I do a rpm rebuild using the .src file from the samba
website?  Or maybe do I have to unpack the src file and edit the spec
file in it before building?

Or finally, should I do nothing and just use the 3.0.14 version that
comes with Fedora 4. The server will be a PDC in a 25 node network
(replacing a current machine running 3.0.7).

Thanks for any help.
Mark Nienberg