[Samba] RE: Samba - cups rights problem

Jérôme Warnier jwarnier at beeznest.net
Sat Feb 11 15:48:58 GMT 2006

Le vendredi 10 février 2006 à 11:30 +0100, Louis van Belle a écrit :
> Hi, wel, i didn't solve it, i just let my users print multiple times
> and if they want lots of prints, i print it for them.
As I'm not always there, it is not an option.

> What you can do, ( i didn't ) is add the Domain users to the printer
> operators
I tried, but it is not enough.
The problem is that happens only on one printer, the users can print
multiple copies on any other printer in the office.
> But if 1 users change the printer settings it goes to all users.
I wonder what kind of settings could really be annoying.

> > I also have people unable to delete each other's jobs while they are
> >allowed in CUPS.
>
> this is correct behavor, Windows Rights are set this way, no cups rights.
By default, almost nobody has sufficient rights to delete other owners'
jobs.

> you can add a group to the printers to give some persons delete rights,
> maybe
> you can resolve the printing of multiple copies also, but i didnt had the
> time
> to get on to this.
I took a few hours, but did not solve the multiple copies problem on
that Xerox printer.
I finally configured each PC to access the print server in the printer directly.

I even tried to configure everything (Samba and CUPS) to use RAW
printing, without much success.