[Samba] Samba, LDAP, and unix account

Ether laplagne at ulukai.net
Fri Feb 10 16:38:24 GMT 2006

Hi every one!

	Until now, I used samba as a simple public share server... and now, I would
like to use it with many account. I know it's possible, but I would like
something particular:

I would like to have SAMBA account independent from the unix account system!
Here is how I think my system: all files on the server will be owned by a
unix account dedicated to samba storage, but I would like to set owner and
access right from user of the samba acount system. I also would like to be
able to set up right on each directory from windows and being able to get
the samba account list from windows without creating a PDC with samba and
registering each pc to this domain....

Is it possible, or Do I have to create a PDC?

Franck

thanks to every one for your answers !