[Samba] net ads dn - reading netbootGUID attribute

Guenther Deschner gd at samba.org
Thu Feb 9 10:28:16 GMT 2006

Hi Roman,

On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 11:01:25AM +0100, Roman Sommer wrote:

> hello everyone,
>
> I can read *any* attribute I want out of the Active Directory using 'net
> ads dn'.. except for one - which of course is the (only) one I need.
>
> netbootGUID. It is stored in an octet string as is objectGUID and
> objectSid which I can read properly.

Ok, I fixed that in subversion (see
http://build.samba.org/?function=diff;tree=samba_3_0;date=1139480667;author=gd;revision=13410)

You might want to take a look at the adssearch.pl perl script which
quickly allows you to work on decoding the various attributes without
recompiling.

Guenther
--
Günther Deschner                    GPG-ID: 8EE11688
Novell / SUSE LINUX                       gd at suse.de
Samba Team                              gd at samba.org