[Samba] [resend] SAMBA and X509 certs ?

romain BOTTAN romain.bottan at celsecat.com
Thu Feb 9 08:05:26 GMT 2006

 >what about some vpn tunnels between you local and remote networks?
(perhaps you already have this)  if you're considering using samba >over
the internet, it seems like site-to-site or vpn would serve you best in
terms of security.  that's what i do with my remote offices.

It's what we have for now, a vpn that allow distant users to have a
subnetwork address and access an http server with teamwork onto.
For know the File server is located on an wired insulated lan (we uses a
switch Rj45) to be sure nobody can come into.
now we want distant users log into the file server, with a security as
secure as switching manually on this physical subnet, thats were ssl
encryption play with certificates rsa keys.  It's a prove a security for
us.

-