[Samba] Cannot join windows XP machine to Samba Domain

Steven C. Henry stevench at itslaw.com
Thu Feb 9 05:26:17 GMT 2006

Hi everybody,

I have Samba 3.0.21b running LDAP with IDEALX 9.1 scripts on SuSE 10.
The system has been working for many months with no issues. (Thanks to
John T's initial help.)

When I try to add XP machine to the domain, I receive the error message,
many have received:

"user not found" Of course, I am using root, and that is the
administrative users.

Some XP machines add properly, though.

I read most of the posts on this, and it appeared to work with earlier
versions of Samba.

I will also try down revving Samba to see, as some have had issues.

Any assistance or direction would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

--
Steven C. Henry
stevench at itslaw.com