[Samba] Client printer install problem in Active Directory

Sam Halas shalas at csi-wireless.com
Wed Feb 8 23:23:31 GMT 2006

Hello,

I have been searching for an answer all day, via Google, and have yet to
see this specific problem.

I am having a problem configuring a RHEL 4.0 server to share a PDF
creator in Active Directory. I had a PDF creator that worked on an old
Red Hat 7.2 box, but have upgraded hardware and operating system. (using
this configuration
http://www.linux-sxs.org/networking/PDF_creation_using_Samba.html)

The problem I have is when I try to connect or install the PDF creator
on a Windows XP machine. I get prompted for a userid and password on the
local server, and nothing works. I have tried root and a local user,
both the local UNIX userid/password and the Active Directory
userid/password. Each time I get the following error:

The credentials supplied conflict with an existing set of credentials.
Overwriting the existing set of credentials may cause some running
applications to stop functioning. Do you really want to overwrite the
existing set of credentials?

Portions of the smb.conf in the original configuration have been
deprecated so I am trying to do it using CUPS now.

Here is my smb.conf

[global]

   realm = ROOT.LOCAL
   password server = server.root.local
   server string = server2
   hosts allow = 123.123. 127.
   printcap name = cups
   printing = cups
   load printers = yes
   cups options = raw
   log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
   max log size = 50
   security = ADS
   wins server = 123.123.12.12
   dns proxy = no
   guest account = nobody
   invalid users = root

   winbind separator = +
   idmap uid = 16777216-33554431
   idmap gid = 16777216-33554431
   winbind enum users=yes
   winbind enum groups=yes
[PDF pickup]
   path = /usr/local/PDF
   browseable = yes
   writeable = yes
   guest ok = yes
[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /var/spool/samba/print
   printer = PDF_writer
   browseable = yes
   guest ok = yes
   printable = yes
   browseable - no

[printer$]
  comment = printer driver share
  path = /usr/share/cups/model/distiller.ppd
  read only = yes
  public = yes

Thank you for you help, in advance.

Sam