[Samba] Users can't pause or cancel print jobs

Joris De Pooter joris.de.pooter at atempo.com
Tue Feb 7 08:33:35 GMT 2006

Gerald (Jerry) Carter a écrit :

> Joris De Pooter wrote:
>
>> Jan 12 10:11:37 bernie smbd[28408]:   Unable to cancel job 47201 -
>> client-error-not-authorized
>>

>> I'll try to update my samba 3.0.14a-r2 to a newer release...
>
> Samba does use a username/password to access the cups
> server.  smbd changes to root after making authorization checks
> and then assumes that root can do whatever it wants.
>
> Does your cups server require authentication?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay I missed your message...

I don't understand how samba interacts with cups : By the means
of some kind of interprocess communication ? Or by the cups
webserver directly ?

Actually my cupsd is configured to ask a password to gain access
to administrative functions (add/del printer and accessing the
job history)

Is this incompatible with samba ?

Thanks for your help, I think i'm going to see an end on this :)

--
Joris De Pooter
Tél.: +33(0)164868319