[Samba] Samba rpm and /var/*/samba directory for .tdb files

Oliver Schulze L. oliver at samera.com.py
Tue Feb 7 05:00:26 GMT 2006

Hi Josh and Dimitri,
thanks for your comments.

I tested  samba 3.0.21b and can confirm that in CentOS 4.2 the directory
selected is /var/cache/samba

I build the rpm like this in CentOS 4.2:
tar xzf samba-3.0.21b.tar.gz
cd samba-3.0.21b/packaging/RHEL/
sh makerpms.sh

I will keep using /var/cache/samba/ since I plan to manually build and
update
my samba installation from samba.org

HTH
Oliver