[Samba] Getent Not Working

Adam Nielsen adam.nielsen at uq.edu.au
Tue Feb 7 04:37:50 GMT 2006

> *** glibc detected *** smbd: free(): invalid pointer: 0x00f4cdb0 ***

I've seen this error before when I compiled a program on one PC, then
copied it across to another PC without recompiling it to save time.
The problem was that each PC had a different version of a certain
library on it, so the original copy worked fine but the second one was
linked to an old library but calling it like a newer version.

You might want to recompile Samba (and perhaps kerberos) if you didn't
originally compile them from source on the same machine they're running
on now.

Cheers,
Adam.