[Samba] Getent Not Working

Jon Parkins jonparkins at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 22:05:10 GMT 2006

I hope I'm submitting this to the right place....

Hello All,

I've been pouring over the groups for a couple of days now, and found a
few problems and setups similiar to mine, but I'm not having much luck
trying to resolve the issue.  My setup currently is a RHFC4 Box running
Samba 3.0.21a-1 on a Win2k AD Domain.

Now I have no problem running "wbinfo -t -u or -g"  I get listings of
groups and users.  When I run "getent passwd" though  all I get are the
local users.

I have all the symbolic links and libnss_winbind.so files in /lib.  I
get no errors in the winbindd log, I did notice the following error in
the smbd.log file in /var/logs/samba/  But I'm not sure what the deal
is.

I updated GCC, Krb5 just in case with yum.  I had no problem adding the
machine to the domain, I just can't use getent to pull a listing or
access the share from any of the domain worstations without having a
local account on the RH box.

In the past using RHFC4 and a Win2k3 domain I've had no problems.  So
I'm just baffeled right now.  Maybe I've overlooked something.  Maybe
it's something with the 2K domain.  Any help is appriciated.  If more
info is needed, or I'm way in left field just let me know.

I'll post my conf files below.

Thanks.

/var/log/samba/smbd.log snippet

[2006/02/06 16:30:28, 0] lib/util_sock.c:open_socket_in(823)
 bind failed on port 445 socket_addr = 0.0.0.0.
 Error = Address already in use
*** glibc detected *** smbd: free(): invalid pointer: 0x00f4cdb0 ***
======= Backtrace: =========
/lib/libc.so.6[0x58f424]
/lib/libc.so.6(__libc_free+0x77)[0x58f95f]
/lib/libcom_err.so.2(remove_error_table+0x4b)[0x131abb]
/usr/lib/libkrb5.so.3[0xeea8c4]
/usr/lib/libkrb5.so.3[0xeea5c7]
/usr/lib/libkrb5.so.3[0xf3b9da]
/lib/ld-linux.so.2[0x11f058]
/lib/libc.so.6(exit+0xc5)[0x556c69]
smbd(main+0x697)[0xa1a323]
/lib/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xc6)[0x540de6]
smbd[0x7d5081]
======= Memory map: ========

/etc/samba/smb.conf (minimal setup to test)

[global]
       workgroup = DOMAIN
       realm = DOMAIN.LOCAL
       server string = Samba Server
       security = ADS
       password server = 192.168.0.4
       log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
       dns proxy = No
       idmap uid = 10000-20000
       idmap gid = 10000-20000
       winbind separator = +
       winbind use default domain = Yes

[samba01]
       comment = SambaTest
       path = /samba01
       read only = No

/etc/krb5.conf

[logging]
 default = FILE:/var/log/krb5libs.log
 kdc = FILE:/var/log/krb5kdc.log

[libdefaults]
 ticket_lifetime = 24000
 default_realm = DOMAIN.LOCAL
 dns_lookup_realm = false
 dns_lookup_kdc = false

[realms]
 DOMAIN.LOCAL = {
 kdc = 192.168.0.4:88
 admin_server = domain.domain.local:749
 default_domain = domain.local
 }

[domain_realm]
 .domain.local = DOMAIN.LOCAL
 domain.local = DOMAIN.LOCAL

[kdc]
 profile = /var/kerberos/krb5kdc/kdc.conf

[appdefaults]
 pam = {
  debug = false
  ticket_lifetime = 36000
  renew_lifetime = 36000
  forwardable = true
  krb4_convert = false
 }

/etc/nsswitch.conf

passwd: files winbind
shadow: files
group:    files winbind

/etc/pam.d/login

#%PAM-1.0
auth    required                pam_securetty.so
auth    sufficient              pam_winbind.so
auth    sufficient              pam_unix.so use_first_pass
auth    required                pam_stack.so service=system-auth
auth    required                pam_nologin.so
account sufficient      pam_winbind.so
account required        pam_stack.so service=system-auth
password        required        pam_stack.so service=system-auth
# pam_selinux.so close should be the first session rule
session    required             pam_selinux.so close
session    required             pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    optional             pam_console.so
# pam_selinux.so open should be the last session rule
session    required             pam_selinux.so multiple open

--

-Jon
www.jonparkins.com