[Samba] SAMBA netbois lookup issues

James Taylor jtaylor at laszlosystems.com
Mon Feb 6 20:14:03 GMT 2006

The server is a backup LDAP server, but the bind connects to my master LDAP
server for database changes to stay as current and up to date as possible.

As far as pinging the server, that works 100%, anything related to DNS works
just fine as well.  It is just when I go to access via hostname, NetBios,
that is fails.

My local machine is using the Samba server for WINS.  I also tried using my
local lmhosts file on my Windows XP machine with no success.  I can ping the
name all day but when I try access to the share no go.

I will try changing the port numbers and see what happens.

JT