[Samba] SAMBA netbois lookup issues

James Taylor jtaylor at laszlosystems.com
Mon Feb 6 19:56:59 GMT 2006

Ok, tested the change with PAM and no difference.  The message that is
returned to me is:

Windows cannot find '\\Intranet'.  Check the spelling and try again, or try
searching for the item by .... useless Microsoft Jargon...

I am running Samba version 3.0.13.  Could it possibly need an upgrade to the
newer version?

Thank you for the compliment, I was worried I might be doing something
somewhat unorthodox.  I am trying to get everything to eventually use single
sign-on with LDAP and Samba, hence the LDAP bind info and the smbldap
commands for users.  The LDAP bind is working 100% perfect and internal
access works great.  All my internal servers are binding to LDAP via PAM
modules at this point in time and that is working very well.  So I am almost
there.  Once I get Samba to communicate over the VPN properly then I will
setup and make it act as PDC for my Windows clients so they too will begin
using the LDAP database for user access.

JT