[Samba] Questions about file system support in Samba

Stéphane Purnelle stephane.purnelle at tiscali.be
Sun Feb 5 18:02:40 GMT 2006

Hibbard Smith a écrit :
> Here it is.  As I said, I'm new at Samba.
>
> This is really borrowed from the sample provided with FC4. I've
> edited out everything that I had commented out and the commentary
> in the interest of size.
>
> Thank you all for all the help.

Here, your smb.conf with some corrections :

[global]
    netbios name = Shadow1
    workgroup = LANGROUP
    log level = 5 # for debug, it's better, for prod : 1

    server string = Samba Server

    printcap name = /etc/printcap
    load printers = yes

    log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
    max log size = 50
    security = user
       password level = 8
       username level = 8

       encrypt passwords = yes
      smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd

    dns proxy = no

#============= Share Definitions =====================
#   idmap uid = 16777216-33554431
#   idmap gid = 16777216-33554431

#    template shell = /bin/false
#     winbind use default domain = no
#     username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
#     security = user # double
#    encrypt passwords = yes # double

;    guest ok = no
;    guest account = nobody

[homes]
    comment = Home Directories
    browseable = no
    writeable = yes
    printable = no

[tmp]
    comment = Temporary file space
    path = /tmp
    read only = no
;   public = yes

[public]
    path = /TheArray
    writeable = yes
    browseable = yes
;    guest ok = yes
;    public = yes
    valid users = judith smitty # Theses users exists in passwd and
smbpasswd ?
#   printable = no

Could you send the content of the mount command and show me the line
with display the mount of /TheArray (the xfs FS).

And also the content of log file after a  test.