[Samba] ok - now how to access a share?

David Shapiro David.Shapiro at bcbsnc.com
Sun Feb 5 12:53:25 GMT 2006

I got net ads join to finally work, but I cannot get samba to
authenticate a user to a share.

[global]
        workgroup = DOMAIN
        netbios name = svcanimp
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=16384 SO_SNDBUF=16384
        idmap uid = 10000-20000
        idmap gid = 10000-20000
        idmap backend = ad
        use kerberos keytab = yes
        # os level = 65
        winbind enum users = yes
        winbind enum groups = yes
        winbind use default domain = yes
        winbind uid = 10000-20000
        winbind gid = 10000-20000
        winbind separator = /
        encrypt passwords = yes
        server string = User management Server
        security = ADS
        # security = domain
        realm = DOMAIN.COM
        password server = ads.domain.com
        preferred master = no
        log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
        log level = 10
        # hosts allow = 10.69. 127.0.
        max log size = 50
        local master = No
        dns proxy = No
        wins server = wins01 wins02
        wins proxy = no
        name resolve order = hosts wins lmhosts bcast
        aio read size = 1
        aio write size = 1
        template homedir = /home/winnt/%D/%U
        template shell = /bin/bash
        acl group control = yes
        inherit permissions = Yes
        inherit acls = Yes

[homes]
        valid users = %S
        browseable = No
        read only = No

When I try to go the the server via \\sambaserver, it pops up a login
prompt.  In log.winbindd it says

Could not query user's DOMAIN\mylogin uid

I am not really sure how all this works.  Is my smb.conf correct?
wbinfo -u | grep mylogin returns my login, although they do not show up
with DOMAIN/mylogin (just mylogin).  I am not sure what to do next.

David Shapiro
Unix Team Lead
919-765-2011