[Samba] Trying to mount with minimalist smb.conf

Larry Alkoff labradley at mindspring.com
Sat Feb 4 02:50:04 GMT 2006

I am trying to mount a share on a remote machine using a miminal
smb.conf as suggested in the Samba HOWTO.

Nmbd and smbd are running on the target machine.
The calling machine (server?) has the name of the target (linda2) in
/etc/smbshares.

When I try to mount I get the error message:

Got a positive name query response from 127.0.0.1 ( 192.168.0.4 )
Connecting to 192.168.0.4 at port 445
Anonymous login successful
13986: tree connect failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)
SMB connection failed

What do I need to do on either the target machine or the server to allow
access?

My entire smb.conf is:
[global]
         workgroup = LANET