[Samba] Using samba volume with C# FileSystemWatcher class

Rice, Gary GRice at PanAmSat.com
Fri Feb 3 19:30:11 GMT 2006

I'm trying to monitor changes to the contents of a directory using the
FileSystemWatcher class of MS Visual Studio C#.

Here is my setup:
Unix (Sun OS) with an nfs share pointing to a sub-directory on the local
disk
Windows XP (sp2) with the nfs share set up and mapped to the T: drive
designator.

Using "My Computer", I can open a window to the nfs share and see all of the
files in the shared (unix) directory. This tells me that samba is set up
correctly and functioning.

So I wrote a small application (Visual Studio 2003) in C# that is supposed
to watch the remote directory for changes to its contents.

If I look at the C: drive (local disk on my PC), my application is
successfully notified about changes to files on the C: drive.

However when I change the code to look at the T: drive, my app never sees
any of the changes I make to the directory contents on the T: drive.

Does this sound familiar?

Is there any other way besides using the FileSystemWatcher class to
determine if the files on the nfs disk have changed via an application
running on the PC?

Thanks.

Gary