[Samba] Sharing a Secondary Hard Drive

Justin McCullough crimsonfenix at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 16:35:09 GMT 2006

I just recently installed a second hard drive in my Samba server with the
hopes of sharing it with the rest of my home network. It seems like Samba
can not get the correct permissions to the drive, however. I have the
drive mounted under /media/public, and when I try to map a share directly
to it and open the share with a client, I get an
NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME error. When I map the share to /media and try
the client again, I can see the cdrom folder, but not public. I have also
tried scp and ftp using /media/public, and they both work fine, so it
doesn't seem like a common case of poor permission settings. Has anyone
else ever experienced this or know of a possible cause? I'm running Fedora
Core 4 if that helps.

Thanks in advance,
Justin McCullough