[Samba] Re: Enabling 'idmap backend = ad' for user auth

Guenther Deschner gd at samba.org
Fri Feb 3 16:31:33 GMT 2006

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 09:31:50AM -0600, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> Guenther Deschner wrote:
>
> >> Gunether,
> >>
> >> Why is 'winbind nss info' a list ?  We only ever check for "sfu".
> >> Were you thinking of chaining options
> >
> > Volker asked me to have a list already at that time to allow his unixinfo
> > work to be actived here later on.
>
> Right.  That I remember.   But why does the parameter accept a
> list of values?  It seems like it should just accept a single
> string from a list of discrete values.  Just the like the security
> parameter.

We thought about to better handle mixed trusted domain setups.
Domain A (ADS) => sfu
Domain B (NT)  => template
Domain C (Samba w. Unixinfo) => unixinfo

Of course that's referring to unfinished code and this acts just as a
placeholder.

Guenther
--
Günther Deschner                    GPG-ID: 8EE11688
Novell / SUSE LINUX                       gd at suse.de
Samba Team                              gd at samba.org