[Samba] trouble with winbind

Chris Stone chris.stone at jhuapl.edu
Fri Feb 3 14:10:24 GMT 2006

Hi,

I'm running samba, V3.0.20b-3.4-SUSE, on suse el9. I've successfully
bound one machine to active directory, I can login to the local box
using domain credentials. However, I can't get a second machine to
the domain, using the exact same procedures. The machine claims to be
bound,
  wbinfo -t returns "checking the trust secret via RPC calls succeeded"

But, when I run wbinfo --sequence, it returns,
APL : DISCONNECTED
BIOLINUX : 1
BUILTIN : 1
JHUAPL : DISCONNECTED

Kerberos is working, I can do a kinit user at JHUAPL.EDU, and get a
ticket. My smb.conf is:
[global]
         workgroup = JHUAPL
         server string = edna
         socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=8192
IPTOS_LOWDELAY
         encrypt password = yes
         password server = dom1-dc6.dom1.jhuapl.edu
         realm = DOM1.JHUAPL.EDU
         netbios name = biolinux
         security = ads
         idmap uid = 10000-40000
         idmap gid = 10000-40000
         winbind separator = _
         winbind enum users = yes
         winbind enum groups = yes
         winbind use default domain = yes
         username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
         map to guest = Bad User
         template shell = /bin/bash

Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong? I've been googling
this for a couple of days, and have run out ideas.

Thank You,
Chris