[Samba] MSAccess can't cope with Samba printer set as default

Adam Nielsen adam.nielsen at uq.edu.au
Fri Feb 3 05:17:33 GMT 2006

> > I've come across a really strange problem.  If I have a Samba
> > printer set as the default printer on a WinXP PC, I'm unable to
> > print through Microsoft Access.
>
> Did you initialize the printer settings as per the documentation?

Apparently not...  The steps for initialising the driver are only in
the 'Classical printer support' section of the Samba manual, not in the
CUPS section - so because I was only following the CUPS section I never
read that part!

Either way it seems to have fixed the problem now, which is excellent -
thanks for your help Jerry!

Cheers,
Adam.