AW: AW: [Samba] usermap ignored?

Martin Hoffmann mhoffmann at pro-nets.de
Thu Feb 2 14:24:57 GMT 2006

Thanks for your effort!

While looking through the debug 10 logs i was preparing for you i found out
myself!

Somehow my smbusers was chmod 600 which resulted in an cannot access error
in smb log - unfortunatley not in the log.smbd but in the log.<clientname>
:-) That's why i never saw ...
Changed smbusers to chmod 644 cured the problem!!!
BTW. Why does it have to be world readable? I thought samba was running as
root and thus accessing the file as root?

Thank you all for solving this!

Regards, Martin