[Samba] administrator rights on workstation

Patrick DUBAU patrick.dubau at alsace.iufm.fr
Thu Feb 2 09:36:57 GMT 2006

Hi,

we want to give all our users all the rights on the stations, i see 2
solutions :
- on the station goto local group administrators and add everyone
-  on the sation goto local group administrator annd add an LDAP group
call UA (created by us with containing all ou users)

Which  way is the best in term of charge ?
Someone told to me that in the first case windows has to handle all the
users on the stations, but in the second case only one group (group UA).

We have about 4000 users accounts in LDAP
Does  windows have problem handling so much users?

Thanks for any suggestion or return of experience