[Samba] how to set share folder for every user ?

Muthukumaran Saravanan saravanan at ccatgroup.com
Thu Feb 2 02:11:45 GMT 2006

Dear Member,

Thanks for your help.

I have some problem in user folder maping, help me.

My Smb share is

[netf]
path = /netf/user

here i have folder for all the users right now i have 4 users for all the
4 users i have 4 folders this is their home folder while creating linux
user i have specfied this path. i have 1 more folder named scan which is
to be shared by all the users.

1) canny
2) willy
3) harris
4) magda
5) scan

is it possible to set in such a way that automatically the scan folder
should be mapped to f:\ , their home directory in g:\ depends on user.

example for canny
f:\  /netf/user/scan
g:\  /netf/user/canny

if another user login example magda for her it should be like this
f:\  /netf/user/scan
g:\  /netf/user/magda

this should be assigned automatically, all the clinet machines are windows
(some are win xp, some are win 98).

User can go to any computer and login then automatically their f: and g:
should get assigned.

Can it be done using samba?. Should we have seperate batch file under
netlogon folder for every user.

Pls help me.

Waiting for the tips

Saravanan.