[Samba] Samba 4

Rhys Goodwin rhys.goodwin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 23:39:18 GMT 2006

Hey Guys,

I know it's only TP1 and maybe? this isn't the best place to ask but where
do I start?

I've download the debian experimental Samba 4 TP1 package and installed it.
The debian installer did the provisioning and I've set up dns. I set up a
share and it all seems to work fine with the built-in administrator account.
But what now? how do  I join computers to the domaind? Do I still need
something like nss/pam ldap to enumerate UNIX users? how do I manage the
directory? How do I login to the directory with generic directory browser.
eg. what would then DN be?
Is SWAT operational at this stage? How would I go about accessing it. Or am
I missing something obvious??

Cheers,
Rhys