[Samba] Red Hat and "use sendfile"

Chris smb23 at realcomputerguy.com
Wed Feb 1 23:20:36 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 01 February 2006 16:54, Henrik Zagerholm wrote:
> As I recall sendfile() is a compile option also so you have to make
> sure that samba is compiled with that flag.
> Not sureif it is that by default either.

According to "configure --help":
  --with-sendfile-support Check for sendfile support (default=yes)

Without specifying it it builds. I do get this however:

checking whether to check to support sendfile... yes
checking for linux sendfile64 support... yes
checking for linux sendfile support... yes
checking for broken linux sendfile support... yes

Samba seems to think my sendfile support is broken. Is this so? What can
be done to fix it?

Thanks.

Chris