[Samba] samba high availability

Ryan Suarez ryan.suarez at sheridanc.on.ca
Wed Feb 1 15:01:55 GMT 2006

Greetings,

We're running samba 3.0.21a with cups on debian to serve printing and
automatic driver download to XP clients.

I'm looking into setting up a Linux-HA printing system with heartbeat in
active/passive mode.  Sorry, i'm new to this.  From what I read, if a
failure is detected on one node the other will take over and startup
it's samba services.

My question is how do I keep the samba print queues,drivers, etc. synced
between the two machines?
Can I use NFS to store the samba installation and mount it on both machines?
Or use rsync?
what files/directories need to be kept in sync?

much appreciated,
Ryan