[Samba] Can samba change file's ownership?

Ángel Galindo Muñoz agalindo at ub.edu
Wed Feb 1 11:52:44 GMT 2006

	Hi!

	Can I configure my Samba Server to allow any SMB user change the
ownership of his files via SMB?

	I've samba 3.0.20 running on a SuSE SLES 9 with XFS filesystems. I've
done "sysctl -w fs/xfs/restrict_chown=0" in order to allow any local
user to change the ownership of his files. And `chmod anyotheruser
myfile` works even though I'm not root. But when I try to do it
accessing to the SMB share which exports those files (for example from a
Windows XP) the dialog box to change ownership doesn't show me any other
user than file's owner and file's group, so I cannot change ownership.

	Can anybody help me, please? Thanks in advance,

--
Angel Galindo Muñoz
agalindo at ub.edu