[Samba] undefined reference to `swrap_close'

imacat imacat at mail.imacat.idv.tw
Wed Feb 1 11:40:06 GMT 2006

On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 07:34:51 +1100
Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:
> > >     Oh.  Thank you for reminding me this.  This is *really*
> > > a serious security issue.  I've recompiled all my samba
> > > without socket_wrapper.  Thanks again for pointing out this.
> > No its not a security issue.  The socket wrapper stuff is for
> > development testing only.  There is no production value in it.
> I think the correct phrasing is that imacat's proposed fix would create
> a serious security issue on machines compiled with the socket wrapper
> code, and mistakenly deployed in production.  That is why I said it was
> an incorrect fix.

    Yes, I think I did not misunderstand Andrew's words.

> The correct fix (for the build issue) is not to have smbmnt built with
> those defines in place, so we link correctly.

    Maybe the correct fix is to provide a working test suite?  I feel
unconmfortable without a successful test result, if I have to say so.  I
have very bad experiences which I forced the installation with test
failures and resulted in unrecoverable disaster.

    Anyway, I'm not pushing anyone on this issue.  I know everybody is
working hard. ^^;

--
Best regards,
imacat ^_*' <imacat at mail.imacat.idv.tw>