[Samba] User Rights for shared files

Muthukumaran Saravanan saravanan at ccatgroup.com
Wed Feb 1 03:02:28 GMT 2006

Dear Members,

Urgently iam in need of help!.

I had configured new Redhat Enterprise 3 ES File Server. I have created
the users and i have configured the samba server and done all the basic
things. Iam able to do things.

I have 4 groups each group i have more than 10 users each group has as
shared folder there is no problem in this.

We have 1 software in the server which is needed by all the users in all
the groups. Software is installed in saperate folder named OPS. Now when
the user login to this software from the remove windows clinet machine, it
will create a lock file (.lck) under the software folder, when the second
user access the same software the .lck file is to be used but now the file
created in the software folder has different rights.(Example if the
accounts dept user acc1 accessed the software the file created with rights
RWX for owner, R for group and others.) Now i want to share that file for
all the users who is using the software.

How to do this?.

How to set the rights 777 for all the files created under the folder
software by default so that everyone can access that.

Pls help me urgently.

Thanks & Regards,

M.Saravanan
CCAT LTD,