[Samba] idmap ldap backend population

Pim Zandbergen P.Zandbergen at macroscoop.nl
Wed Feb 1 00:17:25 GMT 2006

Nick S. Grechukh wrote:

>What do you mean 'automatically populate' ? it is *your* decision about how to
>organize account database in ldap.

Everything is in Active Directory. I just need consistent sid to uid mapping
across 6 Samba member servers. Currently, they all have different mappings
using local winbind TDB's. These local backends have been populated
automatically, but inconsistently.

>Consider
>http://www.idealx.org/prj/samba/index.en.html (manual and smbldap-tools
>itself) as travel guide.

I looked at that, but I assumed this was primarily for using Samba as a PDC
and looks like overkill for my purpose.

I suppose my best option would be to use idmap_rid, were it not that Samba
is compiled without idmap_rid support in Fedora Core 4.

Thanks,
Pim