[Samba] OpenSUSE 10.2 Client to FC6 Server

Bjoern Tore Sund bjorn.sund at it.uib.no
Thu Dec 28 10:08:55 GMT 2006

Frank Murphy wrote:

> "smbclient -L  Server"  lists, all my shares
>
> http://www.howtoforge.com/accessing_windows_or_samba_shares_using_autofs
> got me to automount my shares.
>

> But I still can't save directly (files) from Firefox (on openSUSE)
> directly to my  FC6 server.
>
> I would likt to avoid the step of saving to client, then moving file to
> server.
>
> What else is needed?

My first guess would be that firefox wants "unix extensions = yes" on
the Samba server.  Another possibility is that Firefox doesn't
understand automounting, try making sure that the directory is mounted
(do "cd" to it) and then attempting to save.

Apart from that it's difficult to answer without actual error messages,
ideally also from the Sambaserver log, and a bit more details about your
Samba configuration.

-BT
Bjørn Tore Sund       Phone: 555-84894   Email:   bjorn.sund at it.uib.no
IT department         VIP:   81724       Support: http://bs.uib.no
Univ. of Bergen

When in fear and when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.