[Samba] Re: [opensuse] Open-source leader leaving Novell for Google

Chris Garrigues cwg-dated-1167597950.78a461 at Trinsics.Com
Tue Dec 26 20:45:49 GMT 2006

> From:  Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org>
> Date:  Tue, 26 Dec 2006 12:42:03 -0800
>
> On Tue, Dec 26, 2006 at 12:54:52PM -0600, Chris Garrigues wrote:
> >
> > I must admit to being intrigued as to why they're *very* interested in your
> > working on Samba fulltime.  Is it just to poke at the folks in Redmond or is
> > there more to it than that?
>
> Not everything is about Microsoft :-). No, as far as I can tell
> they (and I) have no interest in poking Redmond, they're just very
> interested in Samba.

What I really meant is "Why are they very interested in Samba?"  I'm having a
hard time imagining the Samba-based offering that Google might have in mind,
but the idea is intriguing enough that I can't stop thinking about it.

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                         Trinsic Solutions
President                               710-B West 14th Street

512-322-0180                            http://www.trinsics.com

                 Would you rather proactively pay for
                uptime or reactively pay for downtime?

                          Trinsic Solutions