[Samba] Re: Samba 3.0.23c won't let NT4 access shares

larry omega at portal.ca
Fri Dec 22 22:32:13 GMT 2006

Thomas Bork <tombork <at> web.de> writes:

> larry wrote:
>
> > The practical solution is to replace this box with a more modern one.
> > But I would still like to find out why it doesn't work.
>
> See the complete thread
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=samba&m=116533540200375&w=2
>
> and the patch in
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=samba&m=116548167822494&w=2
>
> Maybe it's the same problem.
> I asked Jerry Carter to put important patches for the last stable
> version 3.0.23d to
>
> http://us1.samba.org/samba/patches/
>
> but received no answer :(

Thanks. Sorry I took so long to get back but other things were a higher
priority. I got the patch (nb. cut & paste from the browser window, don't try to
download the browser file 'cause those &gt; etc will get you) and tried it.

There was no change in operation. I still got that same message from the NT4 box.

larry