[Samba] Migrate to Debian Etch - nogo

André Jee ajee at shipco.com
Thu Dec 21 14:37:21 GMT 2006

Hi Everyone,

I have a small project going on. I'm about to migrate Redhat 7.3 to
Debian Etch (smbd version 3.0.23d-2+b1).
I've already managed to migrate Redhat 7.3 to Debian Sarge (smbd version
3.0.14a-) without any bigger problems.

However, when I migrate to Etch I face a small problem. The last thing I
want to do before I start samba is to grant my linux/samba admin,
NT 'Domain Admins' access. 'net groupmap list' does not show anything
(as it does in smbd version 3.0.14a-).

sweetums:/# net groupmap list
sweetums:/#

So I can't do 'net groupmap modify ntgroup="Domain Admins"
unixgroup=admin' either because there are no such group.
If I create one my self 'net groupmap add rid=1000 ntgroup="Domain
Admins" unixgroup=admin' it still does not get administrator privileges
in Windows 2000.

Note that I have done exactly what I did in Sarge but it does not work
in Etch.
My superior want to run Etch so I have to keep that in mind.

Any pointers would be great.

Thanks