[Samba] Accessing Samba Shares from Windows

Matt Skerritt matt.skerritt at agrav.net
Wed Dec 20 23:33:34 GMT 2006

On 21/12/2006, at 7:39 AM, Mirceac Ionescu wrote:

> Hello Jerry,
>
> I completely agree with you! But I can't change this.

Why does this sound like it' sbeen a management type decision? :)

> All I may be able to
> do is to figure out how our Windows XP user(using a Windows 2003
> DC) can
> access samba share on a Solaris machine with server authentication.
>
> I'm still unable to figure out why is working just fine in samba
> 2.2.8a and
> not at all in samba 3.0.21b.

One thought I just had ... have you actually created samba accounts
on the Solaris machine correctly? ... If the passwords match on the
AD, and the two samba servers, then they should connect just fine.
But you need to have separate accounts for them on each machine if
you're not going to join the machine to AD.

I just reread your initial email and you say that "We are
authenticated by DC"  which is why I thought you were connecting the
samba machines to the AD. ... So do you know exactly what
authentication method youor two samba servers are using? ... Perhaps
you should post a copy of your smb.conf files  (with any sensitive
data masked, of course) and that might give us a clue.

--
Matt Skerritt
matt.skerritt at agrav.net