[Samba] tdbsam info

Gary Dale garydale at torfree.net
Tue Dec 19 18:22:47 GMT 2006

I believe that the Windows server validates the username/password
combination. However, the SWAT help file has this to say about security
= domain:

/Note/ that a valid UNIX user must still exist as well as the account on
the Domain Controller to allow Samba to have a valid UNIX account to map
file access to.

//
I believe this would imply that the account needs to be enabled on your
Samba server. To do this through SWAT, just click on the PASSWORD icon,
enter the user name and click on Enable User (assuming you have added
the user).

The tdbsam is the default Samba database for mapping Windows to Unix
accounts. The user has be in the database and enabled.