[Samba] winbindd_raw_kerberos_login: kinit failed

Anders.Strandberg at tietoenator.com Anders.Strandberg at tietoenator.com
Tue Dec 19 16:47:42 GMT 2006

 Hi,

As a follow-up:

The problem exists with the setup below :

OS: Linux (e.g. NLD9/SLED10)
Samba: samba-3.0.23d compiled with heimdal-0.7.1
Pam_krb5 is installed.
Pam-modules-line: auth    sufficient      pam_winbind.so use_first_pass
krb5_auth krb5_ccache_type=FILE cached_login
AD-server: Win 2003 with R2

The indicating error message :

winbindd_raw_kerberos_login: kinit failed for 'myuser at MYDOMAIN.COM'
with: Invalid argument (22)

I believe that this should work , i.e. kereberos cached login with
winbind towards AD 2003 ?

As far as I can see, kinit and klist works from command line, but not
from winbind. From the winbind log it seems that winbind/kinit looks for
the correct cache-file :

kerberos_kinit_password: using FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_55555 as ccache

This file does not exist, but is not created either, and subsequently
not possible to remove.

Is there anybody who could shed light on this this ?

/Anders