Re: [Samba] Samba <-> Vista RTM interoperability issue

Alexander forsmb at mail.ru
Tue Dec 19 12:55:45 GMT 2006

Hm, after further investigation it turned out that the reason for such behaviour was autofs' --ghost directories and Vista's default approach: before writing Vista does QUERY_FS_INFO request regarding FS free space and for --ghost'ed dirs Samba returns 0... Older versions such as Win2003 and XP do not do such requests before writing.

Could someone tell me how Samba defines free space on the share as a response for such request (not sure, maybe such question is more relevant for samba-technical)? I've tried using usual Linux tools - df and du and it turned out that df returns 0 while du seems to return the correct value.

Alexander