[Samba] Samba, Windows and desktop redirection

Matthew Crites mcrites at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 21:30:11 GMT 2006

Hi, I am having the following problem with desktop redirection and was
hoping someone could point me to a solution:

I have the registry entry:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell
Folders\Desktop pointing to %LOGONSERVER%\profiles\%USERNAME%\desktop.
 When I save files to the desktop it will save them correctly to this
directory.  But when the user logs out, the files are overwritten when
Windows syncs the local desktop under c:\Documents and
Settings\%USERNAME%\desktop to the server profile.  Synchronization of
the folder is not on for the C: drive, so I think this is something
Windows does by default.  Is there any way to hack the registry to
turn syncing the local desktop to the server desktop and therefore
replacing any edits done to the redirected desktop?

Thanks for your suggestions!

--
Thanks,
Matthew Crites